Our Registered Icelandic Sheep
The Icelandic Sheep were brought to Iceland by the Vikings where they have subsequently been bred for 1,000 years.
- Dual Coated, the outer coat is Tog which is great for weaving and outer clothing, the inner coat is Thel and is finer and perfect for close to the skin.
- High fertility and early maturity
- Easy management, no stalling or artifical feed required.
- Hardy and disease resistant
- Ewes weigh 150-160 lbs, Rams weigh 175-210 lbs.
Are you looking for Icelandic Fleeces or Roving?
Please email us if you would like to be place on our waiting list for Icelandic Fleeces.
Did you know?
Icelandic Sheep are considered a triple purpose breed. They can be used for wool, milk and meat.
You found it! Use the code "uscavengr" for 20% off at